|Sumár projektu:||Education and training of internal auditors is as important to high quality audits as professional standards, thus university education in that field faces several challenges. One of them is to prepare the students for successful entry to the profession. In order to equip the students with the knowledge and skills required by the professional internal auditor their university education should be high quality and relevant to the labour market demands.
Taking into account trends in higher education development defined in several strategic and policy documents of the EU and the Bologna process, the overall objective of the project is to enhance the quality and relevance of education of future internal auditors through the design, development and delivery of innovative Master’s courses curricula in Internal Audit carried out by a strategic partnership of academic and professional organisations.
The specific objectives of the project are:
1. Improving the provision of professional knowledge, skills and competences meeting the requirements of the labor market in the field of internal audit, thus contributing to higher education graduates employability;
2. Creating an EU added value to students’ training and academic staff and practitioners’ professional development through transnational mobility and joint learning, teaching and training activities;
4. Establishing, developing and maintaining a sustainable strategic partnership of EU universities and professional organisations able to make a valuable input to internal audit theory and practice teaching.
In order to meet project objectives the partnership will consider the core competences of the Internal Audit Competency Framework to embed them together with the EU legal framework for internal auditing into innovative curricula for the Master’s course in Internal Audit and Internal Control. Within that process the universities will be assisted by the participating professional organizations in the field of internal audit. By following the curricula, through suitable project activities, the students will be equipped with the competences necessary for the acquisition after graduation of an internationally recognised certificate that will assist them to successfully embark on the profession of internal auditor. The curricula will be combined with other intellectual outputs (course materials, learning materials, sample tests, software access etc.) to be freely used by both teachers and learners within and beyond the project.
The project comprises students (level 7 of EQF-LLL) and academic staff active in teaching Internal Audit and Internal Control from the universities involved, as well as professionals, specialists, experts and practitioners in the field of internal audit.
Planned learning, teaching and training activities will bring added value to project objectives. By participating in the intensive study programs the students will improve their knowledge, skills and competences by at the same time enjoying different learning environments. The joint staff training events foreseen will provide both academic staff and practitioners with a platform for transfer of knowledge and exchange of expertise. All planned activities will strengthen the European dimension in education and training.
Through project implementation the following intangible results will be produced:
- Innovative curricula designed, developed and delivered
- Relevant to the labor market knowledge, skills and competences acquired
- New knowledge and expertise acquired by academic staff and practitioners
- Sustainable partnership between EU academic and professional organisations established
- Awareness of Erasmus+ input to education and training raised.
Project results will benefit students, universities, government institutions and society as a whole by developing knowledge, skills and competences meeting labor market requirements, thus creating new jobs and graduates’ better labor market integration.
Project potential long-term benefits are related to:
- Participating organisations through the implementation of innovative training programs into the teaching process; development of synergies between academia and practice; development of reliable academic and professional partnerships at national and EU level incl. development and implementation of new joint projects;
- Participating students through acquisition of improved skills and competences for employability combined with improved digital, teamwork, communication and intercultural competences; development of positive attitude towards European projects and values;
- Participating academic staff members through improved competences, linked to professional profiles, combined with increased opportunities for professional development;
- Organisations and individuals indirectly involved in the project activities through increased attractiveness of European higher education and awareness of European values raised.